Saturday 15 September 2012

Adjusting the stairs

I wanted to keep the staircase from the old house even if it meant sacrificing space from the bedroom and bathroom on the upper floor. Since the room is deeper I had to make a new wall with the two doors. I recycled the paper floor from the old house for the time being.


And this is what it looked like when I put the first lights in.


Everybody says it's easy to have lights in your dollhouse, but it needs a lot of patience, as anyone knows who has tried. I drilled holes in the top of the cabinet and pulled the wires of the tiny bulbs through the holes. For that, you need to take away the plugs, which you then need to put back. They are about three millimetres, and the wire keeps sliding off. There is a power strip on the back of tyhe cabinet, into which you insert plugs. When it doesn't work you just have to do it all over again. The lamps are from my old house. I have also re-tiled the bathroom. The little girl came as a bonus when I bought the lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment