Thursday 6 September 2012

Sofas and book cases


In the book by Vivienne Boulton, The Doll's House Decorator, I found patterns and instructions for a sofa. It is made from cardboard and covered with fabric. I had an old pair of velvet trousers that were just perfect. It took me several attempts to get it right.


But there was no pattern for a book case, and I had this idea that using a photo frame would be the right way. It was quite frustrating because it didn't really work as I had thought - things frequently don't.  At night I would lie in bed awake, thinking about how to make it work, and in the daytime it turned out to be impossible. But I don't give up easily. I don't like it when things don't work the way I plan. So finally I had it the way I wanted it. 



The front is a photo frame. The back panel is the back of the frame. Side panels and shelves are made from wooden blinds. The middle bar is a chopstick. The small round sticks holding the shelves are grill sticks.The upper row of books ia from Barbie, and I painted them in different colours. The bottom row is books I cut from a real book.

Two weeks into my miniature making, I had three new rooms in addition to the bedroom:


No comments:

Post a Comment