Sunday 18 November 2012

A half-scale spa

With the rest of the ugly plastic furniture I decided to make a relaxation room in a spa. I know this is not quite right, because it is more of outdoor, terrace furniture.


 But I had this vision of a room in a bath house, with a large window opening into lush vegetation. Anyway, I had a small wooden box which had contained a gift of wine and cheese, and it was just the right size for a half-scale room.


I had it like this for a long time because I could not think of what else to do with it. Obviously it had to have floors and wallpaper, but I couldn't decide what would fit. Finally some time ago my son's girlfriend, who had been bitten by the dollhouse bug, sent me a parcel of small things she had found at flea markets, including a container of tiny mosaic tiles. Just what I needed after long days of work. 




I think the result is stunning. It reminds me of Gaudi. Perhaps it was the intention. I still need to decide what to do with the walls.



No comments:

Post a Comment