Friday 14 December 2012

Miniature picturebooks

I have written about how I made fake books and bookshelves. But I have also made books that open and have pictures. For one of them, I was lucky to find a magazine that had three strips of square pictures. I cut out the strips and folded them:


Then I glued the pages back to back, except the first and the last one.



I made a cover from a piece of card and cut the jacket from handmade Japanese paper somebody had given me.

 
  
I folded the jacket and glued it onto the cover. I learned how to do this from a dollhouse magazine. They had cut-out pages and jacket, but you had to cut the cover.


Next I made endpapers - and I used handmade paper I made myself from plants (that's another hobby I have)


Then I glued the pages into the cover. I also found a suitable title page in a book catalogue


 And here is the finished book




No comments:

Post a Comment