Sunday 23 June 2013

Plastic house makeover

Naturally, as soon as I posted a notice about summer break, I made some progress on the plastic house that I am eager to share.

I bought this horrible thing in a charity shop for £1. I felt it would be a challenge to make something really nice with it.


It's roughly 1:24 scale. It opens in the middle, and it has some movable parts, such as the balcony and the half-moon extension on the left.

The first thing I did was paint the house on the outside with sand paint. It makes a nice surface that can be then painted white. It took a long time, because the paint didn't stick well on plastic.



The front of the house has embossed decoration which I decided to keep.


I painted the roof dark grey. I very deliberately took these pictures to show the before and after.


Here is the before and after of the balcony.

 


 To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment