Tuesday 4 August 2015

More door knobs

I have shown how I made door knobs in the basement. I could have easily made similar knobs for all doors, but there isn't much challenge in this. I have made some knobs from paper clips and other stuff, but I have been waiting for something special to come my way. And it has. On today's round of charity shops I bought this bracelet for 50p.


I didn't have door knobs in mind, rather chest drawer knobs. But when I came home and started looking around I saw that the pieces would be perfect for the double doors on the first floor.

 

That obviously took eight pieces, leaving me with a handful, and I realised that I could have these pretty, unique knobs on every door on the main floors. Here are some pictures.





I removed all temporarily fixed paper clips and even some permanently attached knobs, and it was worth the trouble, don't you think?

3 comments:

  1. The knobs look amazing. I'm always struggling to find something that works for knobs. It's the little things that make a room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it took me almost a year to find the right thing

    ReplyDelete