Sunday 18 October 2015

Curtain rod

This is the first time I am making a proper curtain rod. All my curtains so far, in all projects, have been attached with white tack. Every now and then they fall off. And it doesn't look neat, if you look closely.

I have twenty-two windows in my house so it's just about time to learn how to make proper curtains. I will make something more elaborate for the reception rooms, but for the drawing room I took curtains that I used with a fake window many years ago (yes, fixed with white tack). Now I used two tiny loops - don't know where they come from, but will have of get more.


Then I put the rod - grill stick - through the loops.


Cut the rod and trimmed wth beads. I know it may sound elementary, but this is actually the first time I've done it.


Now it looks neat, and the curtains can be drawn!

I recently bought ten silk scarves at a market for £3. It was at the end of the day, and they wanted to get rid of their stuff. I will make curtains out of them, so come back soon to see. 


No comments:

Post a Comment